Search This Blog

Jan 12, 2012

Dialog & Winning chances - Fact or Myth?



"ENTRIES FOR THE MONTHLY SUPER DRAW ON YOUR RELOAD OF RS. 100.00 SIMPLY DIAL #107# TO CHECK YOUR TOTAL WINNING CHANCES"

Have anyone read a message like this? I’ve got 2 mobiles, one is prepaid and the other one is postpaid, I think most of the prepaid users must have got this message after a reload; I used to delete these messages where I used to completely ignore them, yesterday after Isha prayers I had some free time; so thought of sitting in the masjid for little while…so I took little rest while leaning on the masjid wall, my mobile in the pocket started vibrating, I took my mobile and found adaderana news alert, 


“The commission appointed to probe the A/L exam issues has handed over its report to the president – sources – adaderana.lk"

At last the commission has passed the ball to the president … lol. So… after that i thought of checking my unread SMS, I scrolled my inbox and found this annoying SMS again i.e. Dialog winning chances, as I was about to delete the SMS, I paused for a while and thought to investigate what is this winning chances all about… so I dialed #107# and got plenty of options to select, so I selected option number one i.e. monthly super draw, I received the following message

You have a total of 0 winning chances for the monthly super draw on January 2012.

I said to myself, OH MY GOD, all these days was I getting empty winning chances messages, geee… Dialog is too bad.

I am just curious, has anyone really won such super draws? I have never heard any of my friends talking about winning such prizes from Dialog nor never heard through known or unknown people... 

I cannot comment on about Dialog’s monthly super draw promotional campaign, because number 01- I’m not interested, number 02- this SMS notification really annoys me and filling my inbox unnecessarily where I need to spend time to delete those every time I reload.

My question is, has anyone really won any prizes from Dialog? Is it a fact or a myth?